Library hours align with semester schedules and university closures; open late evenings during Fall and Spring; open 24/7 during the week leading up to and the week of Final Exams; see current Library Hours.
Edith Garland Dupré Library is at 400 E St Mary Blvd centrally located on the main campus; see Directions.
Visitor parking is available on Levels 1 and 2 in the parking garage located on Girard Park Circle; see Visitor Parking for hourly parking fees; accessible parking spaces are available behind the library off of Rex Street next to Parking Zone 8.
Check out library materials with your Cajun Card and use it to pay library fines or Interlibrary Loan fees; add funds to your Cajun Card using the ADM located in 1st Floor Copy Center.
Access the Library Catalog to find print and online books, periodical titles, government information, microforms, CDs/DVDs and more
Centers and Special Libraries
Located in Dupré Library:
Located on Campus:
Over 1.5 million bound volumes, 2 million microform units, 6,000 serial titles, over 200 databases, 500,000 eBooks, an array of items from special collections, and much more
Available on all floors
Over 200 databases, the majority of them available off-campus and via mobile devices; see Databases.
Group Study Rooms / Individual Study Carrels
- Group Study Rooms located on 1st and 2nd Floors
- Individual Study Cubicles located on the 2nd Floor
- Study Carrels available for current faculty and graduate students only
- Collaboration Stations located on the 2nd Floor
- 1st Floor — Normal Conversations
- 2nd Floor — Individual & Group Study
- 3rd Floor — Quiet Individual Study (use 2nd Floor Quiet Zone during events on 3rd Floor)
- Cajun & Creole Music Collection
- Jefferson Caffery Louisiana Room
- Rare Book Collection
- U.S. Government Information
- University Archives & Acadiana Manuscripts Collection
Combination of trained professional and civil service staff
- Audio/Visual Equipment
- Adaptive Technology
- Cajun Card ADM
- Charging Lockers for laptops and other devices
- Charging Stations for mobile devices
- Collaboration Stations for group study
- Computer Labs
- Copy Machines
- Gloria S. Cline Bibliographic Instruction Laboratory (Bib Lab) SMART Classroom
- Graduate Student Computer Lab
- Reference Online Center (ROC Lab)
- Remote Access
- STEP Lab
- Social Networking
- Vending machine stocked with USB flash drives
- Whiteboards (portable) for student projects
- Wired Network connections in the Collaboration Stations
- Wireless Network throughout the building
More information about available Technology
Mainly students, faculty, and staff of the University; the library is open to the public and welcomes visitors, guests, and researchers; see Visitor Information.
Maintained by outside vendors
- Drinks & Snacks — 1st Floor in Copy Center
- Student Supplies — 1st Floor near STEP Lab
On-site during the Fall and Spring semesters to help students at any stage in the writing process; see the Writing Center website for hours and more information.