General Library Policies
User Responsibilities and Ethics
Dupré Library is open to UL Lafayette students, faculty and staff, and the general public. Library materials must be shared and preserved for the benefit of the entire community of library users. Library users must respect the rights of the other persons in the library.
- No loud talking (sound levels apply)
- No audio from personal media devices
- No smoking or vaping
- No pets—only service animals allowed
- No bicycles, in-line skates, skateboards, or scooters
- No organized groups without permission from the Dean's Office
- No food or drinks in the U.S. Government Documents Collection or other Special Collections areas
Failure to comply with reasonable policies may result in suspension or cancellation of library privileges. For more information, view the Library's Policies & Procedures.
Visitors may use library books, periodicals, online resources, and other materials on-site for general and research purposes, providing use does not conflict with Dupré Library's primary responsibility to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette community. Users of Federal government information resources will be provided services comparable to those for University users.
For more information, view Visitor Information.
Library users should abide by the University's technology policies on the use of computers and network resources. Refer any questions about these policies to the University Office of Information Technology.
- Current UL Lafayette students, faculty, and staff can access online library resources within Dupré Library and remotely (off-campus).
- Visitors can access online library resources within Dupré Library. Remote (off-campus) access is not allowed. View the Use of Electronic Resources by Visitors for more information.
- View Database Use disclaimer.
- University Office of Network Services provides wireless connectivity on the main campus, including throughout Dupré Library.
Users should follow these instructions to connect to the network. For more detailed instructions with screenshots, refer to the University IT Service Desk's "Connecting to the Campus Network".
- Open your device's Wireless Connection Settings
- Choose a University network: GeauxWIFI requires a ULID and password or GeauxGuest for visitors
- A web browser should automatically launch
- Follow the steps listed to register your device
Find more information about the wireless network available.
Dupré Library strives to provide library spaces, services, and resources that are accessible to all. We are always open to suggestions and improvements.
- Assistance retrieving items and help with general inquiries are available at the Circulation Desk or the Reference Desk.
- Adaptive technology is available at the Circulation Desk.
- Library-managed websites employ the guidelines provided by the University Web Style Guide for Accessibility.
Find more information under Accessibility Services. The Office of Disability Services provides additional services on campus.
Vandalism & Mutilation of Library Resources
The library building, equipment, furniture, materials, and collections are resources owned by the State of Louisiana. Dupré Library will handle theft, vandalism, and mutilation of State property according to the State of Louisiana laws and according to the Code of Student Conduct and Appeal Procedures.
A copy of the Code of Student Conduct and Appeal Procedures is available on the University's Student Affairs Division.
[ Last Revised on August 31, 2022 ]