About the Lab
The Reference Online Center (ROC) Lab is located adjacent to the Reference Desk.
This lab provides 24 computers for research:
- searching of reference online databases
- the Library Catalog
- U.S. Government Information resources.
Preference for the use of computers in the ROC Lab is given to researchers accessing the Library Catalog, databases, and government information resources. Those engaged in other activities may be asked to leave if a user needs a computer for research.
Guests not affiliated with the University are allowed computer access in the ROC Lab for research purposes only. For more information regarding the use of computers by guests, review the Use of Electronic Resources by Visitors Policy.
Unacceptable uses include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Users must limit sessions to 30 minutes if others are waiting.
- Beverages and food are prohibited at all computer workstations.
- Users may not change any windows, DOS, or Explorer configurations or options.
- Users may not move, disconnect, or reconfigure equipment.
- Users are encouraged to download large files to personal memory devices rather than printing them.
- Users may not download to hard drives or server drives. Download to personal memory devices only.
- Users must abide by the University Computer & Network Policy (PDF).
Accessing Online Library Resources
On and off-campus access to online library resources, such as databases and electronic journals, is available to current University students, faculty, and staff 24/7.
Use your ULID and password when you see the 'Log in to Library Resources' page.
For help with access issues, try these general troubleshooting tips.
University of Louisiana at Lafayette instructors who wish to use the Reference Online Center (ROC) Lab computers for class instruction in the use of the Library's resources may contact the Reference Desk at (337) 482-6030 or firstname.lastname@example.org, at least two hours prior to the requested reservation time. A specific time and the number of students attending are also required when submitting a reservation request. The ROC Lab computers may be reserved a maximum of three times per section during each semester.
[ Last Revised on September 30, 2021 ]