Welcome to Edith Garland Dupré Library!
Dupré Library is open for use by the public. Review the following policies concerning visitors:
- Use of Resources Within the Library by Visitors
- Use of Electronic Resources by Visitors
- Use of Special Collections by Visitors
- Other Services for Visitors
- University Animal Policy (PDF)
- University Tabacco-Free Policy
Library materials must be shared and preserved for the benefit of the entire community of library users. Visitors must respect the rights of the other persons in the Library. The Library enforces the following rules:
- No loud talking (noise levels apply)
- No audio from personal media devices
- No smoking or vaping
- No pets—only service animals allowed
- No bicycles, in-line skates, skateboards or scooters
- No organized groups without permission from the Dean's Office
- No food or drinks in the U.S. Government Documents Collection
Failure to comply with reasonable policies may result in suspension or cancellation of library privileges. For more information, view our Policies & Procedures.
Want to Check Out Items?
Visitors who wish to borrow library materials are invited to give to the Library at an annual cost of $100.00 or more. The borrowing limit for donors is 30 items, and the loan period is 21 days. Visitors who give are not allowed remote (off-campus) access to any of the Library's electronic resources but are welcomed to come into the Library to use these resources.
For more information, contact the Circulation Desk at (337) 482-6025 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct any questions regarding this policy to:
Edith Garland Dupré Library
400 E St Mary Blvd
Lafayette, LA 70503