Dupré Library is open for use by the public and welcomes visitors, guests, and researchers.
View the following policies concerning visitors:
- Use of Resources Within the Library by Visitors
- Use of Electronic Resources by Visitors
- Use of Special Collections by Visitors
- Other Services for Visitors
- University Animal Policy (PDF)
- University Tabacco-Free Policy
Dupré Library Policies
Library materials must be shared and preserved for the benefit of the entire community of library users. Visitors must respect the rights of the other persons in the library.
- No loud talking (sound levels apply)
- No audio from personal media devices
- No smoking or vaping
- No pets—only service animals allowed
- No bicycles, in-line skates, skateboards, or scooters
- No organized groups without permission from the Dean's Office
- No food or drinks in the U.S. Government Documents Collection or other Special Collections areas
Failure to comply with reasonable policies may result in suspension or cancellation of library privileges. For more information, view the Library's Policies & Procedures.
Want to Check Out Items?
Visitors who wish to borrow library materials are invited to Give to the Library at an annual cost of $100.00 or more.
- Borrowing Limit = 30 items
- Loan Period = 21 days
Visitors who give are not allowed remote (off-campus) access to online library resources but can come into Dupré Library to use these resources.
[ Last Revised on May 9, 2023 ]