Need historical statistics on Louisiana? Looking for population data for Acadiana? Searching for family history? Interested in the works of award-winning author Ernest J. Gaines?
Special Collections services encompasses the following:
- University Archives & Acadiana Manuscripts Collection
- Louisiana Room
- Rare Book Collection
- Digital Archives
- UL Lafayette Institutional Repository (IR)
Other Collections and Affiliates include:
- U.S. Government Information
- Cajun & Creole Music Collection
- Ernest J. Gaines Center
- Blanco Public Policy Center
For more information on the different sections of Special Collections and their services, view the UL Lafayette Special Collections Research Guide.
Special Collections services are open to the public, be them University-affiliated or not. Making appointments in advance is strongly recommended, though not required.
Users can make requests using the following methods:
- Visit: All materials in Special Collections are non-circulating and cannot leave the Reading Room. When requesting archival materials, a request form needs to be completed for each individual collection.
- Appointment: Users can complete a Research Appointment Form so Special Collections staff can pull appropriate materials in advance.
- Call: Users may contact the Special Collections reference desk at (337) 482-6031.
- Mail: Mail requests will be forwarded directly to the Reference Archivist. Digitization requests by mail will be forwarded directly to the Digitization Archivist.
- Email: Users may contact Special Collections at firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses are normally sent within 48 hours, excluding weekends and holidays.
- Chat: Users may make requests through the Ask Us! Special Collections chat. A staff member at the reference desk will answer promptly.
- Special Collections Policy
- Digitization and Photoduplication Policy
- Jefferson Caffery Reading Room User Policy
Citations & References
For guidance on citations and references to archival materials, view the Special Collections Reference Citations Research Guide.
Interested in Donating to the Archives?
Complete the University Libraries' Deed of Gift Form (PDF).
To transfer institutional records to the University Archives, complete the University Libraries' Internal Transfer Form (PDF).
(337) 482-6031 | 3rd Floor | Room 314 | email@example.com