Dupré Library strives to provide library spaces, services, and resources that are accessible to all. We are always open to suggestions and improvements. View the Library Floor Plan.
- Accessible parking spaces are available behind the library on Rex Street next to Parking Zone 8 and in Parking Zone 7 on St. Mary Boulevard
- A wide ramp leads to the front right-side entrance
- Push-button door openers are in the right-side front entrance and lobby
- Elevators in the front center of the building reach all floors
- Accessible restrooms are on all floors with water fountains near
- Signs around the library include tactile signals
- Alarm systems on all floors have strobing lights and sound when activated
- Quiet zones are in designated areas on the 2nd floor and all areas of the 3rd floor
- Individual and group seating areas throughout the library
- Group study rooms and individual study carrels are on the 1st and 2nd floors
- Heightened computer workstations are in the Reference Online Center (ROC) Lab
- KIC Scanning Stations and computers to search the Dupré Library Catalog located on each floor are on stands that are low and wide
- Wireless and wired network connections are available throughout the building
- A lactation room is on the 1st floor
- Service animals are welcome in the library
- On and off-campus access to online library resources is available
- Research assistance is available by chat, text, phone, in-person, and email (Ask a Librarian)
- Assistance retrieving items and help with general inquiries are available at the Circulation Desk or the Reference Desk
- Interlibrary loan/document delivery services are available for materials not held in the library's collections
- Adaptive technology is available at the Circulation Desk
- A variety of technology in the library to use, with some available for check out
- Instructional services on how to use library resources
- Library staff will offer to assist users in emergency evacuations, and emergency rescue procedures are in place
- EBSCO, one of the library's major database providers, is committed to providing positive experiences for all users. They have provided an EBSCO Accessibility – Navigation Guide and an EBSCO eBook Accessibility User Guide and FAQs for using their databases.
- Library-managed websites employ the guidelines provided by the University Web Style Guide Accessibility Policy and aim to meet WCAG 2.0 (Level A) web accessibility standards.
- The Office of Disability Services provides additional services on campus.
Circulation Desk | (337) 482-6025 | 1st Floor | email@example.com
[ Last Revised on May 9, 2023 ]