Requests for brief, factual information may be submitted to Reference & Research Services via Skype, instant messaging, or email. These services are intended for the students, faculty, and staff of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Others will be assisted if the question concerns the University or some unique resource of Edith Garland Dupré Library.
Types of appropriate questions include:
- The availability and locations of materials in the University Libraries
- Inquiries about services of the University Libraries
- Request for brief statistical data
- Verification of bibliographic citations
- Addresses for corporations, institutions, and publishers
- Request for brief biographical information
- Assistance with the use of the catalog, or the online databases
The questions are answered by our Research Librarians. If a question is best answered by another library department, the question will be forwarded and a librarian from that department will respond.
Email replies are normally sent within 48 hours, excluding holidays. Check the Ask a Librarian page for hours of operation and more information concerning instant messaging and Skype.
[ Last Revised on April 9, 2019 ]