You are here

First United Methodist Church Records

Collection 350

First United Methodist Church. Records, 1885-1953

1 digitized copy

First United Methodist Church is the oldest protestant church in Lafayette. The Methodist church has had a presence in the area since 1823, and in 1845, W.F. Brown was the first pastor assigned to the region.  The original Methodist church building was located at the corner of Washington Street and Congress.  In 1925, the congregation relocated to its current location at Lee and Main Street.  An educational wing was built in 1958 to further the church’s ministry. 

This collection of the First United Methodist Church, South records consists of a list of pastors, records of marriage and baptisms, and lists of church members.

Scanned and donated by Henry L. Broussard of Lafayette, Louisiana.

Series:

A. Church records DVD

Inventory: DVD

Church records from 1885-1953:  
Book A:   church register, 1883-1899
1901-1915:   List of Pastors, marriages, baptisms
1915-1935:   marriages, baptisms
1927-1946:   registers of church members
1947-1953:   registers of church members
December 1933 – March 1948:   marriages and baptisms