Make an Appointment with Special Collections
Appointments are strongly recommended, though not required. When making appointments, please list two possible dates/times. We will try to schedule the first choice. You will be notified of your confirmed appointment.
View Special Collections Hours. Any requested appointments made outside these hours will be reviewed on the following business day.
How to Make an Appointment
- Webform: Make an Appointment
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: (337) 482-6031
- Chat: Ask Us! Special Collections
- For a list of available collections, view the Special Collections Finding Aids.
- For books available in Special Collections, search the Dupré Library Catalog.
For digitization requests, fill out the Special Collections's Digitization Request Form. Fees for personal use scans will be temporarily waived. If digitized materials are to be published, fees will apply. Users also must fill out forms for Permission to Publish Form (PDF) and Permission for Commercial Use Form (PDF). Requested Vertical Files will be digitized; users will be notified when they are accessible.
- Special Collections reserves the right to not fulfill requests based on time, distance, cost, lack of vital information, privacy concerns, or condition of the requested material.
- Some materials in Special Collections may contain sensitive or confidential information protected under federal and/or state privacy laws and regulations. Special Collections takes steps to identify and in some cases remove this kind of information. Therefore, materials may need to be reviewed by Special Collections staff prior to access. Information may include, but is not limited to educational, medical, financial, and personnel records (i.e. Social Security numbers, bank account information, credit card numbers, drivers’ licenses, employment and medical records, student work, and more).
- Users are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to living individuals may have legal implications. Users who find sensitive or confidential information in any collection agree to immediately notify a Special Collections staff member. Users also agree to make no notes or other record of privacy protected information if found within the collections and further agrees not to publish, publicize, or disclose such information to any other party. Users assume all responsibility for infringement of right to privacy in use of these materials, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Special Collections, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, its employees, and agents against all claims, demands, costs, and expenses arising from the use of Special Collections materials.