Louisiana Polytechnic Institute (Ruston, LA). Correspondence, 1924-1926
The state of Louisiana adopted a new constitution on June 18, 1921. The Constitution of 1921 changed the name of Louisiana Industrial Institute to Louisiana Polytechnic Institute. After the name change, the institute continued to reorganize its courses of study. In 1926, the curricula of Louisiana Polytechnic Institute organized into three schools: the School of Education, the School of Engineering, and the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences. In 1970, the college obtained university status and changed its name to Louisiana Tech University, which is remains today.