Dupré Library provides resources and services that support the University’s distance learning programs as directed by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) guidelines regarding the provision of library services to distance learners. Three requirements are stipulated:
- To ensure provision of and ready access to adequate library resources and services to support the courses, programs and degrees offered.
- To provide comparable services to offsite students by either owning the needed materials, by providing electronic access, or by arranging formal borrowing agreements with other institutions.
- To designate a Distance Learning Librarian who is responsible for ensuring these resources and services.
Dupré Library provides services to the University’s distance learning community equivalent to those available on campus. Services include:
- Remote access to all of the Library’s electronic holdings, including databases, journals, books and reference collections;
- Document and book delivery of materials that are not available electronically; and
- Reciprocal borrowing of resources at other Louisiana institutions via LALINC, a cooperative statewide borrowing consortium.
The needs of distance learning students are also supported by other library service departments, including Reference, Interlibrary Loan, and Information Technology & Web Services.
For up-to-date information on services and resources for distance learners, please view the library's Research Guide for Distance Learners.
Head of Distance Learning Services