Print and microform collections:
- Scientific and Technical Reports
- Legal Publications
- Audio and Video Cassettes
- Primary and Secondary Sources
- U.S. Government Documents Collection (1st floor near the Reference Desk)—These publications have SuDoc call numbers.
- Main Stacks (Standard shelving areas on all floors)—These publications have Library of Congress (LC) call numbers.
- Reference & Research Dept. Collection—1st Floor
- Microforms—1st Floor
- Louisiana Room— 3rd Floor
Search the Dupré Library Catalog:
Search Other Catalogs:
GPO Catalog of U.S. Government Publications
- The Official Catalog of the Government Publishing Office (formerly Government Printing Office) for locating current and historical government publications. Provides references to documents available at depository libraries, non-depository documents, and links to publications that are available online.
- A federated search engine that searches across multiple U.S. government catalogs and databases, retrieving reports, articles, and citations. Provides direct links to selected resources available online.
MarciveWeb DOCS - Catalog of U.S. Government Publications
- The GPO catalog of U.S. government publications from July 1976 to the present, published by Marcive, Inc. Provides references to documents available at depository libraries and links to publications that are available online.
How do I search for print and online articles in periodicals published by federal government agencies?
Use the Research Databases at Dupré Library (ULID and password required)
Search non-government databases:
- Military and Government Collection
- Nexis Uni (Legal; News)
- Legal Source
- Environment Complete
- Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text
- CQ Magazine (Government; Legislation; Politics & Elections)
- CQ Researcher (Social & Political Issues/Topics)
- Business Source Complete
- America: History and Life
- Academic Search Complete (General)
- ABI/INFORM Complete (Business; Economics, etc.)
Here are a few examples of government periodicals and databases:
- Agricola - Agricultural, Environmental and Food Sciences (Database)
- ERIC - Educational Resources Information Center (Database)
- EPH Environmental Health Perspectives (Journal)
- GPO MetaLib (General Database/Search Engine)
- Journal Sources - Scientific and Technical Information - Dept. of Energy (Databases)
- PubMed/MedLine (Database)
- MedLine Plus - Health Information for Patients and Families - (Database)
- Public Health Reports (Journal)
- Public Health Reports (Journal) [Login required]
- Survey of Current Business (Journal)
- Search non-government databases: