The mission of the Catalog Department is to support the teaching, research, and service mission of Dupré Library and the University by providing bibliographic access to the collections housed in the library and its branches.
To accomplish this goal, the Department strives to:
- Create, organize and maintain accurate and comprehensive bibliographic data for all the material in the library's collections
- Follow recognized national and international standards for cataloging
- Remain current in bibliographic and technological advances
- Insure maintenance of quality through continuing education and training
- Insure efficiency by examining existing procedure and possessing a willingness to institute new procedures and technology when appropriate
- Create and maintain harmonious atmosphere with other Library Departments and the University