Hours of Operation
(337) 482-1612 or (337) 482-6035
Undergraduate students should ask the Reference Staff for assistance in finding materials available at the UL Lafayette Library. Undergraduates may use Interlibrary Loan; however, an Interlibrary Loan Undergraduate Privileges form must be on file for all undergraduates requesting loans. This form must be approved and signed by a faculty member. The faculty member accepts responsibility for all materials obtained on behalf of that student with their signature.
There is usually no charge for borrowing returnable materials. If the lending institution charges for returnable materials, the ILL staff obtains the user's agreement to pay those charges before submitting the request.
There is always a non-refundable $2.00 handling charge to support article delivery. It is drawn from the user’s Cajun Cash account at the time the request is handled. If the lending institution requires any payment, the ILL staff obtains the user's agreement to pay those charges before submitting the request.
When your order arrives, you will be notified by email or telephone. You must pick up books in the Interlibrary Loan Department. Articles are primarily delivered electronically via a link and password emailed to users' UL Lafayette email account. If for some reason we cannot deliver your photocopy electronically, the method of delivery will default to hold for pick up at the Circulation Desk.
For orders involving a fee: If you feel the material will arrive too late for your use, please contact us as soon as possible. If your order has not been shipped by the lending institution, we may be able to cancel your request and avoid unwanted charges for you.
- One renewal request allowed per loan
- Renewal Approval is up to the lender
- Renewals granted are usually 2-4 weeks
- Request renewals through ILLiad
- Requests for renewals must be made within the 5-day-period before the due date. (ILLiad will not allow renewals outside of this time-frame)
- Renewal is granted (you will receive a new due date)
- Renewal is denied (you must return the material immediately)
- Renewals cannot be placed on overdue materials!
- Renewals cannot be placed on "No Renewal" items
- We cannot grant second renewals! However you may re-request the item if needed.
- You are allowed one re-request of a borrowed item during a semester after the first copy is returned to Interlibrary Loan.
How to Submit Your Renewal Request
You can place a renewal request by logging into your ILLiad account.
All interlibrary loan materials are subject to recall by the lending library. If recalled, materials must be returned immediately!
When material is due, and has not been picked up from the Interlibrary Loan Department, it is returned to the lending institution. If the material has been picked up, you will receive an overdue notice. ILLiad automatically generates overdue notices and blocks the user's account once the system deems the account extremely overdue. If the material is not returned, you will be responsible for any charges imposed upon us by the lending institution.
ILL is not a substitute for the purchase of textbooks and may not be used to fill textbook or reference requirements for course work.
The Interlibrary Loan Department reserves the right to deny privileges to anyone abusing these policies.
Violation of other libraries' lending regulations, including repeated overdues, jeopardizes borrowing privileges and could eventually eliminate the benefits of services for *everyone*.
Interlibrary Loan strives to maintain a good working relationship with our suppliers by returning their materials promptly!