Contact the Reserve desk in Dupré Library at (337) 482-6025 with questions or for information not covered in the policies listed below.
We serve only the faculty and students of the university, as Reserve materials are held for specific purposes having only to do with University courses. There are, however, some exceptions to this rule. While we cannot allow course materials held to circulation to town borrowers, alumni or Friends of the Library, we do allow those groups to have access to references such as the University budget. These "special reserves" are used only for two hours per person and only within the library.
Students must present their current University identification cards when requesting any type of material.
Materials are usually placed on reserve at the beginning of the semester but they may be placed at any time. Please make requests early enough to have the materials processed before they are needed by students. To remove items from reserve, please call the Reserve Desk at 482-6025.
The following types of materials may be placed on reserve:
- Books from the library collection
- Personal and departmental copies of books
- Photocopied journal articles and parts of books (within copyright law provisions)
- Sample exams, class notes
- Audio and video cassettes
- Music CD's and CD ROMS
There are four types of loan periods: two-hour library-use-only, one day, three day and seven day. The loan period for materials is designated by the instructor who places the material on reserve. No renewals of any kind are allowed.
- Two-hour Reserves: Restricted to use within the library and two hours at a time per person.
- One-Day Reserves: Materials may be checked out at any time during the day and can be returned at any time during hours of operation the following day.
- Three-Day Reserves: materials may be checked out for three days and returned at any time during hours of operation on the third day.
- Seven-Day Reserves: materials may be checked out for seven days and returned at any time during hours of operation on the seventh day.
Fees and Fines
Fines for Reserve material are as follows: $.25 per hour for two-hour materials and $.50 per day for one, three or seven day materials. Maximum fine per item is $10.00. There is also a $5.00 per item fine for two-hour material due at close and kept until the following day.