There are many ways to access government publications and information:
About Our Depository
Free and equal access to government information is provided to the general public, in accordance with Section 1911, Title 44 of the U.S. Code.
As a selective depository, the library receives nearly 40 percent of selections available to depository libraries through the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) of the U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO), known formerly as the Government Printing Office.
Circulation of most documents is allowed.
General and specialized reference, research and instructional services are provided. Individual or group consultations and instructional sessions may be scheduled.
Locations of Government Publications in the Library
- U.S. Government Documents Collection (1st floor near the Reference Department) — These publications have SuDoc call numbers.
- Main Stacks (Standard shelving on all floors) — These publications have Library of Congress (LC) call numbers.
- Reference & Research Dept. Collection — 1st floor
- Microforms Collection — 1st floor
- Louisiana Room — 3rd floor
- Search online publications, databases or federal websites via the library's website, workstations or other connections.
Edith Garland Dupré Library at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette celebrated the 75th anniversary of its Federal Depository Library during the fall 2013 semester. An open house was held on November 14, 2013 which included exhibits and a slideshow presentation about current and historical Federal depository library resources and services at Dupré Library, the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) and the U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO). The anniversary was an opportunity to commemorate and acknowledge all at Dupré Library and the University who worked to ensure access to government publications and information throughout the years, in all departments and services. The anniversary was also an opportunity to promote the depository library to the University and to the community and to encourage the exploration and use of depository services and resources.