Note: Larger holdings are labeled "Collection"; smaller holdings (less than 2½ inches) are labeled "Manuscript".
2 feet, 3 volumes; Oversize
The United Daughters of the Confederacy is the oldest heritage organization in the country, and works "to preserve the true history of the Confederacy and keep in sacred memory the brave deeds of the men of the South, with no bitterness towards the government of the United States of America.” The Lafayette Chapter was named after General Alfred Mouton. This collection includes correspondence, meeting materials, committee materials, programs from various UDC luncheons and events, yearbooks, information on Confederate veterans, and photographs from the Alfred Mouton chapter. There is much material related to the construction of the General Alfred Mouton monument located on Jefferson Street and Lee Avenue in downtown Lafayette, and news clippings regarding removing the statue. The collection was donated by Yvonne Carter.
2 feet 9 inches
This collection consists of correspondence, newspaper clippings, photographs, correspondence, news releases, etc. associated with the United Givers Fund. This collection was donated by Jim Bradshaw.
Certificate: STATE OF LOUISIANA, This certifies that the United States Flag, Herewith Presented was flown at the Capitol of the State of Louisiana, 19 May 2017. Donated by Honorable Fred Mills, Jr., State Senator, District 22. Presented to Dr. Charles W. Triche III, Dean of University Libraries.
Microfilm: 3 reels [35mm, positive]
Case files of applications from former Confederates for presidential pardons. Records of applications from Louisiana residents arranged alphabetically.
NARS microfilm from RG-4. Microcopy 1003, reels 27-29.
Microfilm: 2 reels [35mm, negative and positive]
Microfilm from National Archives and Records Administration Record Group 393: Records of the United States Army filmed in 1977. The New Iberia headquarters orders were filmed in 1980.
Detailed monthly reports of the Weather Bureau’s Cooperative Observers' Meteorological Record (Abbeville, Louisiana) compiled by C.J. Edwards for January-December 1912 and August 1914 - December 1915. C.J. Edwards was the editor of Abbeville Meridional.
This is the initial and largest collection in the Archives. Contains historical records of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Collection 1 provides the fullest insights into the development of the University from its legislative founding in 1898 as the Southwestern Louisiana Industrial Institute to its present status as the second largest public university in the state.
2 ½ inches; Oversize
Emile Henry Unverzagt was the owner and operator of Emile’s Antique Furniture in Lafayette for 30 years. This collection consists of material related to the Coca-Cola building and furniture store that Mr. Unverzagt owned. Materials include correspondence, news clippings, photographs, and plat drawings. Liz Satterfield, daughter of Mr. Unverzagt, donated this collection.
2 ½ inches
Dr. Joseph Urban was an Associate Professor of Computer Science. He began working at the University of Southwestern Louisiana (now the University of Louisiana at Lafayette) in 1983. This collection consists of his curriculum vitae, conference papers, articles and book chapters that he authored or co-authored, and material on workshops and newsletters pertaining to computer science.