Note: Larger holdings are labeled "Collection"; smaller holdings (less than 2½ inches) are labeled "Manuscript".
Microfilm: 8 reels [16mm, postive and negative]
Civil record books of East Baton Rouge Parish during Spanish and Early National Periods. Filming was probably done by the Center for Louisiana Studies. All reels are negative except Reel 3.
C. J. Edwards was editor of the Abbeville Meridional. Papers includes letters from Harold G. Edwards, clippings, and miscellaneous items. Donated by Edwards Family, Abbeville, Louisiana.
Edwin Edwards is an American politician who served as the U.S. Representative for Louisiana's 7th congressional district from 1965 to 1972 and as the 50th Governor of Louisiana for four terms. Due to corruption charges, Edwards has served eight years in prison and is currently ineligible to run for governor. This collection contains a court document for Governor Edwards's indictment.
A collection of papers of a former interim U. S. Senator and wife of one of Louisiana's most influential politicians - Governor Edwin Edwards. Clippings and sample correspondence (photocopies) from persons seeking assistance and in regard to such subjects as her Senate term, the New Orleans Children's Hospital, and the International Year of the Child.
A Women in Louisiana Collection.
4 feet, 11 volumes, 25 maps
Dennis K. Ehrhardt was a professor and department head of Geography at the University of Southwestern Louisiana/University of Louisiana at Lafayette for 38 years. This collection includes departmental administrative records, as well as records of his teaching and professional activities.
Emar Andrepont was born in Opelousas, LA on April 21, 1863. In the late 1880s, he opened a general store in Prairie Ronde, selling various products such as food and farm equipment. This collection consists of financial records, photographs, and publications related to the Emar Andrepont Store. Also included are materials related to the Prairie Ronde Cotton Gin, an enterprise started among community members, including Mr. Andrepont. The City of Opelousas Tourism/Le Vieux Village, with the help of Boisy Pitre, donated this collection.
10 inches, 5 volumes
Emmanuel Baptist Church of Lafayette was organized on Sunday, April 17, 1955 by church members living south of the city limits along the Abbeville Highway. This collection consists of articles of incorporations and bylaws, documents, minutes of meetings, general and financial records, and committee reports. Dr. Michael S. Martin donated the collection.
The Episcopal Church is the member church of the worldwide Anglican Communion based in the United States with dioceses elsewhere. It is a mainline Christian denomination divided into nine provinces. It was founded in 1789 in the United States. This collection consists of publications from various Episcopal churches in Louisiana. Also included are by-laws for the St. Paul’s Church in New Orleans.
Microfilm: 1 reel [35mm]
Clippings on Equal Rights Amendment issue from Louisiana newspapers provided to ERA United by the Metropolitan Clipping Bureau.
This collection consists of the following: Eshelman’s writings, class material, association materials, correspondence, and publicity.
“Evangeline”, an Address delivered by Mr. Gilbert L. Dupré to the Pupils of the Evangeline High School on February 22, 1926.
The Evangeline china Market, Highway 90, New Iberia, LA. (Just outside City). Includes photographs. This Market had hundreds of items, which included china, glassware, pottery, and giftware. They were the distributor of “The New Iberia Souvenir Plate”.
The Evangeline Economic & Planning District based in Lafayette, Louisiana. This newsletter was published by the EEPD and covers the Acadiana area.
Certificate: Capitol Stock certified that Earl Guile is the owner of two hundred shares of Evangeline Oil Company, September 1920. Original.
Material related to Evans' interest in Henry Watkins Allen (1820-1866), Governor of Louisiana during the Civil War. These items were possibly donated by Vincent Cassidy and Amos Simpson.
Evergreen is a town in Avoyelles Parish, LA. As of the 2010 census, there are around 310 people who live there. Chartered in 1869, the town contained Evergreen College (later Evergreen High School). This collection contains material related to the town of Evergreen. Materials include a newspaper clipping, a high school reunion book, and a proclamation signed by Governor Bobby Jindal honoring Evergreen “Wear Green” Day. Dr. Edmond Dugas donated this collection.