First United Methodist Church. Records, 1885-1953
1 digitized copy
First United Methodist Church is the oldest protestant church in Lafayette. The Methodist church has had a presence in the area since 1823, and in 1845, W.F. Brown was the first pastor assigned to the region. The original Methodist church building was located at the corner of Washington Street and Congress. In 1925, the congregation relocated to its current location at Lee and Main Street. An educational wing was built in 1958 to further the church’s ministry.
This collection of the First United Methodist Church, South records consists of a list of pastors, records of marriage and baptisms, and lists of church members.
Scanned and donated by Henry L. Broussard of Lafayette, Louisiana.
|Church records from 1885-1953:|
|Book A:||church register, 1883-1899|
|1901-1915:||List of Pastors, marriages, baptisms|
|1927-1946:||registers of church members|
|1947-1953:||registers of church members|
|December 1933 – March 1948:||marriages and baptisms|