The mission of the Catalog Department is to support the teaching, research, and service mission of Dupré Library and the University by providing bibliographic access to the collections housed in the Library and its branches.
To accomplish this goal, the department strives to:
- Create, organize, and maintain accurate and comprehensive bibliographic data for all the material in the Library's collections.
- Follow recognized national and international standards for cataloging.
- Remain current in bibliographic and technological advances.
- Ensure maintenance of quality through continuing education and training.
- Ensure efficiency by examining the existing procedure and possessing a willingness to institute new procedures and technology when appropriate.
Assistant Professor and Head of Cataloging
Edith Garland Dupré Library
400 E St Mary Blvd
Lafayette, LA 70503
[ Last Revised on August 15, 2019 ]