What types of print and other tangible materials, formats and media are located in the Library?
Where are government documents located in the Library?
How do I search for government documents that are in the Library?
- Does the government publish journal and magazine articles? How do I search for print and online articles in periodicals published by Federal government agencies?
- Print and microform collections: Books, periodicals, scientific and technical reports, legal publications, maps, posters, kits and pamphlets
- Media: CD-ROMs, DVD-ROMs, DVDs, Video and audio cassettes
- Primary and secondary sources
- U.S. Government Documents Collection - 1st floor near the Reference Department - These publications have SuDoc call numbers.
- Main Stacks (Standard shelving areas on all floors) - These publications have Library of Congress (LC) call numbers.
- Reference & Research Dept. Collection - 1st floor
- Microforms Section - 1st floor
- Louisiana Room - 3rd floor
|Search the Library Catalog|
|books, e-books, music, U.S. & LA government publications, journal & magazine titles, CDs/DVDs, microforms, library account, & more|
|Advanced Search | My Account | LOUISiana Digital Library|
Where do I find my items? View the Library Floor Plan.
Search other Catalogs:
GPO Catalog of U.S. Government Publications
The official Catalog of the Government Publishing Office (formerly, Government Printing Office) for locating current and historical government publications. Provides references to documents available at depository libraries, non-depository documents and links to publications that are available online.
A federated search engine that searches across multiple U.S. government catalogs and databases, retrieving reports, articles and citations. Provides direct links to selected resources available online.
MarciveWeb DOCS - Catalog of U.S. Government Publications
The GPO catalog of U.S. government publications from July 1976 to the present, published by Marcive, Inc. Provides references to documents available at depository libraries and links to publications that are available online.
Search non-government databases (University ID and password required):
Reference Online Center (ROC) Databases at Dupré Library, including:
- ABI/INFORM Complete (Business; Economics, etc.)
- Academic Search Complete (General)
- America: History and Life
- Business Source Complete
- CQ (Congressional Quarterly) Researcher (Social & Political Issues/Topics)
- CQ Weekly (Government; Legislation; Politics & Elections)
- Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text
- Environment Index
- Legal Collection
- LexisNexis Academic (Legal; News)
- Military and Government Collection
Here are a few examples of government periodicals and databases:
- AGRICOLA - Agricultural, Environmental and Food Sciences (Database)
- ERIC - Educational Resources Information Center (Database)
- EPH Environmental Health Perspectives (Journal)
- GPO MetaLib (General Database/Search Engine)
- Journal Sources - Scientific and Technical Information - Dept. of Energy (Databases)
- PubMed/MedLine (Database)
- MedLine Plus - Health Information for Patients and Families - (Database)
- Public Health Reports (Journal)
- Science Journals Connector
- ScienceResearch.com (Search Engine)
- Survey of Current Business (Journal)